Monday, December 17, 2007

NYRR Holiday 4 Miler




Here is a post-race photo flashing the team's Adidas Urban Run tees. Congrats to Eric, Michael, Dario, Lewis, and Derek on their fantastic results and braving the cold!

Here is my 'Joe anecdote' for the day titled...
"How to know if you are actually racing" by Joe Franza

This past Saturday, while lead runner Sarah and the team took their positions at the starting line for the NYRR Holiday 4-miler... my watch decided to malfunction. Being under the impression that I spared 15 minutes to the start of the race, I decided to finish my stretches, make sure my shoe laces were tight, while watching people line up at the '11 minute mile' section. The 11 & 12 mile group had began to move slightly, so I started jogging closer to the starting line to take my spot. I must have missed the starting line in the midst the crowd, because I continued jogging leisurely down to 98th street.. at which point I asked a runner next to me "Has the race started?" and she responded "yeah, baby, you're racing." I thought to myself "no wonder the starting line seemed so awfully far..."

No comments: